How many lessons does it take before I can go out by myself?
Every individual is different, however we have found three* 3 hours lessons is the average for students to be self confident and safe. It is not necessary to have any previous experience with board sports or any other extreme sport.
What are the requirement for kitesurfing?
- You don’t need to be good at swimming. Our training facility have very shallow water, and we also provide life jackets.
- You don’t need previous water sport experience. Yes, you can learn this without knowing how to surf, or any other water sport!
- You can learn kitesurfing at any age, however children under 10 (or under 35kg) might take longer to learn. Different weight class have different kite sizes.
Where will the lesson take place?
We teach at the sandbank in Gold Coast Broadwater. The shallow and flat waters provide the ideal conditions to learn and improve your kitesurfing skills. There are plenty of space, and the beach is very soft and clean, no reef and debris.
We also have powered rescue boat at all time to ensure your safety!
What happens if there is no wind or the weather is not good for kitesurfing?
Lessons are fully weather dependant, Our instructor will stay in regular contact with you prior to the lesson in the days leading up to, and on the day to keep you informed if the weather is optimal for a kitesurfing lesson, in special case we may have to change a teaching date to make the learning experience safe, easier and enjoyable.
Do I need to bring anything to kitesurfing lesson?
We supply all the latest and best equipment needed for your kitesurfing lesson but please bring following,
- Sunglasses (preferably with strap).
- Wet Gear [board-shorts, rash-vest, a wetsuit in the colder months.…]
- Water Bottle
If you don’t have any wet gear, everything is also available for purchase at our shop on the day.
Is Kitesurfing Safe?
Kiteboarding is on the safer part of the extreme sport, it is also safer than traditional surfing.
Here are some myth busted:
- The kite will not lift you up to the sky, because we have different kite sizes depending on your weight.
- You will not be pulled offshore far away, because our training ground only have on shore wind.
- If you are afraid of sunburn or cold water, we also have wetsuit availiable for purchase, to keep you protected.
We are also the ONLY Kitesurfing company on the Gold Coast that have commercial level insurance, and our team is highly trained. You are safe with us!
What are the fees?
We have a variety of packages for lessons, equipment, as well as kiting and staying! Check this out.